Non-certificated employees of the school district shall be selected on the basis of training, experience, character, and general competence. The Board's policies on nondiscrimination and equal opportunity employment shall be strictly observed.
Uinta County School District Number One does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, age, or handicap/disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and the Americans with Disabilities Act may be referred to the Uinta County School District Number One Human Resources Office, 537 10th Street, Evanston, Wyoming 82930, (307) 789-7571, ext. 109; or the Wyoming State Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights Coordinator, 2nd Floor, Hathaway Building, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002-0050, (307) 777-6198.
The process of interviewing candidates for non-certificated staff positions shall be delegated by the superintendent to the immediate supervisor of the position for which an employee is being sought. The supervisor shall make his recommendation to the superintendent, who shall be authorized to make the appointment and who will present the new employee's name to the Board for its information.
All vacancies in the non-certificated staff positions shall be made known to present staff members, so that anyone who considers himself qualified may apply.
The District requires, as part of the application process, applicants provide the following:
1. An ascertainment of whether or not the applicant has ever been convicted of any crime (other than a traffic offense) and the specifics thereof;
2. A copy of the applicant's social security card;
3. A copy of the applicant's driver's license; and,
4. A completed District application.
The District requires, as part of the hiring process, new employees provide the following:
1. An official fingerprinting and background check from the Division of Criminal Investigation, at applicant's expense, with results to be sent to the Uinta County School District No. One.
Current practice codified 1978
Policy Cross References: