Community Based Structured Time is a program designed for the students enrolled in grades nine through twelve at Evanston High School. C.B.S.T. provides the opportunity to leave the school campus and participate in properly supervised programs in the following categories:
Community or Culturally Based Activities
Guidelines for Community Based Structured Time:
1. A student will be granted released time only upon written request of her/his parent or legal guardian.
2. Released time for C.B.S.T. will be limited to one period per day for students in grades 9, 10 and 11. A senior who has met all graduation requirements and is not a participant in WHSAA sponsored activities, may be allowed released time for two periods per day.
3. Parents requesting C.B.S.T. must demonstrate proof that the released time activity will be supervised by an adult who represents the particular program being requested.
4. C.B.S.T. will be granted only if it does not interfere with the completion of Uinta County School District Number One Graduation Requirements. If disruption of regular scheduled school classes occurs due to poor attendance, tardiness, or failure to earn the required grade point in classes required for graduation, approval will be rescinded and the student will be assigned a full school schedule on campus.
5. Students approved for C.B.S.T. will not be allowed on the high school campus during the scheduled released time.
6. School district credit will not be awarded for C.B.S.T.
7. C.B.S.T. will be scheduled on a full year, A/B rotation schedule only.