KMB RELATIONS WITH PARENT ORGANIZATIONS
K - SCHOOL-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
RELATIONS WITH PARENT ORGANIZATIONS
Some of the strongest school support comes from parents or organizations having interests in specific students or school activities. Support from parent organizations; such as Booster Clubs, and PTA’s, is encouraged wherever appropriate as a means of involving the public in the activities and goals of the District. The District and school personnel shall seek to strengthen and support these types of organizations by cooperating in any way possible to provide assistance, materials, facilities, or other aid to assist them in helping students or the schools.
Close communication with parent organizations ensures a greater harmony with the policies and goals of the District. The principal and activities director shall assume responsibility for the conduct of any organization approved that interacts with students, staff, or programs of the school.
Parent organizations will be required to submit a charter annually. The charter must contain the following:
- Bylaws, officer’s names and contact information,
- Operating guidelines including a financial plan with procedures and responsibilities,
- Fundraising plan including goals, objectives, and procedures to be followed by students and parents. See Policy IGDF
- Students are not allowed to solicit door-to-door
- Students fundraising should result in equitable distribution of proceeds
- Fundraising activities should not compete directly with local business
Charter must be approved by the principal, activities director, and submitted to the Superintendent or designee. KMB-R can be used as a template to develop and submit a charter.
Policy Adopted: 10/8/2013
Policy Revised: 06/02/2020
CROSS REFS: KMB-R: Booster Charter Packet, Policy IGDF Student Fund-Raising