Requests by students and parents for an early diploma from Evanston High School is a request for extension of a privilege to the student not normally accorded to students of the District. As such, Uinta County School District Number One, State of Wyoming, has the sole discretion to determine the circumstances under which a request for an early diploma will be considered. An early diploma from Evanston High School, may be granted provided each of the following criteria are met:
1. A request by a student for receipt of an early diploma must be
in writing on a form provided by the District and signed by the student and his or her parent(s) or guardian(s). The High School Principal may consider a request for an early diploma only after receipt by the Principal of a fully completed request and after a conference between the student, the student’s parent(s) or guardian(s) the school counselor and High School Principal.
2. The student must fulfill all facets of graduation requirements contained in Policy IKF before receiving an early diploma and must demonstrate how she/he plans to complete all graduation requirements of Policy IKF by the end of their seventh semester at the time the early diploma request is submitted.
3. In the early diploma request, the student and his or her parents must be able to demonstrate a specific educational or vocational objective for an early diploma or family hardship, which could not be alleviated without receipt of an early diploma.
4. The written request for early diploma must be received by the High School Principal no later than September 30 of the school year in which the student plans to receive the early diploma.
5. In order to qualify for an early diploma, the student must earn his or her final four (4) credits from Evanston High School and must have completed a minimum of seven (7) semesters in grades 9-12.
6. The graduation requirements also include demonstrating proficiency of the student content and performance standards in the Common Core of Knowledge and Common Core of Skills specified under W.S. 21-9-101(b)(i) and (iii).
Each request for early diplomas shall be reviewed by the High School Principal who will refer it to the Superintendent with a recommendation for action. The names of students approved for receipt of an early diploma will be reported at the first regular meeting of the Board of Trustees in November. The decision of the Superintendent shall be final and not subject to appeal or review by the Board of Trustees.